Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

my friend the gnome


my friend the gnome sits still and bold;
no need to roam, both young and old.
sometimes i like to circle him
to glean his silent secrets.

my friend the gnome knows this is my place;
he feels at home when i paw at his face.
sometimes i like to tell him
some of my secrets, too.

my friend the gnome watches over us all;
i'm safe at home because he's on the ball.
sometimes i like to catch him
kicking out stray spirits.

my friend the gnome catches all my cat jokes;
he seems to know that this life is a hoax.
someday i know i'll see him
in a more fluid dimension.

my friend the gnome sits still and cold,
but when I'm around he's part of the fold.
sometimes i like to comfort him
even though he doesn't need it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?